All advertising placed through iPromote must adhere to these advertising guidelines (the "Advertising Guidelines"), and iPromote reserves the right to reject any advertising for any reason at any time. These guidelines are also subject to change at any time.
- Advertisers are not permitted to manage multiple accounts.
- Advertisers must not programmatically automate the creation of accounts or ads.
Landing pages / Destination URLs
- Ads that contain a URL or domain in the body must link to that same URL or domain.
- All users must be sent to the same landing page when the ad is clicked.
- Landing pages that generate a pop-up (including "pop-overs" and "pop-unders") when a user enters or leaves the page are not allowed.
- It cannot use "fake" close behavior (i.e. when a user clicks the "close" icon on the page, the page should close down and no other behavior should result).
- It cannot utilize "mouse trapping" whereby the advertiser does not allow users to use their browser "back button" and traps them on their site and/or present additional/unexpected behavior (for example: another ad or page).
- No ad may require viewers clicking on the ad to submit personal information (cell phone numbers, physical addresses, or email addresses) on the landing page in order to obtain the information promoted in the ad.
- A secure server connection (https) must be used when collecting personal information from users.
- Landing pages cannot contain iPromote trademarks or logos, or otherwise reference iPromote in the content of the landing page.
Accurate ad text
- Advertising copy must directly relate to the content on the landing page.
- The ad title and body must clearly state and represent the company, product, or brand that is being advertised.
Grammar, spelling, and capitalization
- Ad text must be in logical sentence form and contain grammatically correct spacing.
- Ads must use correct spelling.
- Ads may not include unnecessary capitalization.
- Ads may not include excessive repetition.
Punctuation and symbols
- The use of all symbols, numbers, or letters must adhere to the true meaning of the symbol.
- Repeated and unnecessary punctuation or symbols is not permitted.
- Symbols may not be used to substitute for letters (e.g., "$ave" instead of "save").
Language and image content
- Provocative images will not be accepted.
- Ads may not contain, facilitate, or promote adult content, including nudity, sexual terms, and/or images of people in positions or activities that are excessively suggestive or sexual.
- Ads may not contain, facilitate, or promote offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene, or inappropriate language.
- Ads may not contain, facilitate, or promote defamatory, libelous, slanderous, and/or unlawful content.
We do not accept advertising referencing, facilitating, or promoting the following:
- Adult Material
- Alcohol, tobacco products, Liquor, beer, or wine
- Firearms, ammunition and other weapons and related accessories (including martial arts weapons)
- Ammunition, Fireworks or any destructive devices or explosives
- Gambling, including without limitation any online casino, sports books, bingo, or poker
- Scams, illegal activity and/or illegal contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters
- Uncertified pharmaceutical products
- Adult friend finders or dating sites with a sexual emphasis
- Web-based non-accredited colleges that offer degrees
- Inflammatory religious content
- Politically religious agendas and/or any known associations with hate, criminal, and/or terrorist activities
- Political content that exploits political agendas or uses "hot button" political issues for commercial use regardless of whether the advertiser has a political agenda
- Hate speech, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation or language of such individual or group
- Child pornography or obscenity
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Prescription or nonprescription drugs, supplements, or medical devices
- Goods made from protected animals/plants
- Restricted or regulated plants and insects
- Pesticides or hazardous substances
- Illegal, stolen or counterfeit goods or knock-offs of brand name products
- Blood, bodily fluids and body parts
- False identification cards and police items
- Hacking and illegal surveillance equipment and descrambling equipment
- Burglary tools
- Counterfeit stamps, currency and coins
- Material that infringes the rights of a third party, including copyrights, trademarks, patents, rights of publicity and rights or privacy (including warez and bootleg copies)
- Airline tickets that restrict transfer
- Lottery or raffle tickets, sweepstakes or contest entries or gambling related items or devices
- Used or rebuilt batteries
- Bulk email or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal identifying information
- Hazardous goods
- Stocks, bonds, securities
- Sexual services or sexually explicit materials
- Event tickets if sale, pricing or manner of sale violates state and local regulations
- Any item that violates US export laws to sell to the intended seller, including items subject to US embargoes
- Items that are associated with hate groups such as Nazis or Ku Klux Klan
- Items subject to a recall or for which resale is prohibited
- Items Encouraging Illegal Activity - for example an eBook describing how to create methamphetamine
- No ad may offer incentives to viewers for clicking on the ad, for submitting personal information (cell phone numbers, social security numbers, physical addresses, or email addresses), or for performing any other tasks.
Prices, discounts, and free offers
- No ad may be deceptive or fraudulent about any offer it makes.
- If an ad includes a price, discount, or "free" offer, the destination URL for the ad must link to a page that clearly and accurately offers the exact deal the ad has displayed.
- If an ad includes a price, discount, or "free" offer, the advertisement must clearly state what action or set of actions is required to qualify for the offer.
Copyrights and trademarks
- In both ad text and image, you must not include any content that may be deemed as infringing upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right, or that is deceptive or fraudulent.
- Advertiser must have intellectual property rights to the creative and be permitted to display such creative as advertising on the iPromote Site.
- No ad may contain, facilitate, or promote "spam" or other advertising or marketing content that violates applicable laws, regulations or industry standards.